Outreach and Accessibility Worker
Harmony House 2nd Stage Shelter for women and children fleeing violence is seeking a part time Outreach and Accessibility Worker.
6-month contract with the possibility of permanent employment
· Performs all duties reflecting a commitment to feminist principles of woman-positive, anti-racist, anti-oppressive service delivery
· Provides individual and group support based on the needs and goals of women who have moved from Harmony House back to the community
· Provides supportive, non-directive counselling and crisis intervention as necessary
· Continues project reaching out to abused women with disabilities providing support, information and exploring appropriate resource development
· Works as a member of the team providing house coverage when necessary and community development
· Contributes to the development and enactment of policies, procedures and goals of the program
· Advocates for survivors of violence both on an individual level and within larger social systems
· min 2 years Experience in front-line anti-violence work
· Feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive analysis of violence against women and their children
· Experience in crisis intervention, advocacy work and group facilitation
· Approved criminal reference Check
·Strong knowledge of community resources available to survivors of violence
· Oral and written fluency in English required, and oral and written fluency in French and other languages an asset
Harmony House is committed to Employment Equity and as such encourages applications from Aboriginal women, World Majority women (women of colour), Francophone women, women with disabilities and lesbians.
Contact Lee-Anne Lee at: [email protected]
While we thank all those who apply, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please visit the Harmony House Web site at www.harmonyhousews.com
No phone calls please.