Childcare (Monday 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m., the first Monday of every month & every other Wednesday)
- Includes watching and playing with residents’ children during the times when programs are being run
Foodbank (First and third Thursday of every month, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.)
- Accepting the foodbank deliveries and organizing the food for the women, with a team
- Occasional, with women and children coming and going we need help preparing units for the next family (setting up gift baskets, pillows, towels, etc.).
- Other tasks that require help, organizing donations, play room toys, etc.
Community Kitchen (first Monday of every month)
- This is when we hold our monthly house meeting for residents, and during this time we provide a fresh home-cooked meal to our residents. We tend to rotate the volunteers given the large task that it is. Community Kitchen provides a cooked meal for approx. 20-25 people, which is usually prepared at home and brought to the house the night of. The volunteer is completely reimbursed for the meal. It is a way for the women to share interests with members of the community in a safe space.